I’m sure there are many other events happening, so ping me if you think you should be added to this list:
• The Thinking Digital conference in Newcastle on 21-23 May is a new annual event where 400 delegates gather to take part in an exclusive conversation about technology, ideas and our future: “Thinking Digital conference will take on an eclectic range of technology-based topics that have (or soon will have) a profound effect upon the way we work and live: from the future of media and making far better use of technology, to our obsession with happiness and creating a cure for ageing.” Speakers include: Matt Locke (Commissioning Editor, Channel 4), Steve Clayton (CTO of Microsoft’s UK Partner Group), Sean Phelan (Founder of Multimap), Tara Hunt (Co-Founder & CMO, Citizen Agency), Aubrey De Grey (Biogerontologist at the Methuselah Foundation), Carl Honore (Journalist & Author In Praise of Slow) and Jonathan Harris (Digital Artist). TechCrunch UK has 4 tickets to give away to the best comments on this post about why you really need to be there.
• London-based MiniBar meets again on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 6:00pm, Corbet Place, Old Truman Brewery[PDF map], and features demos from Vodafone Betavine, Vigster, tweetmeme, Commentag, Piins and Graffywall. I’ll be chairing the event.
• Northern Start Up 2.0 on 21st February in Manchester is “the North’s premier event for digital entrepreneurs, investors, deal makers and service providers to meet under one roof in an informal setting. Come along for an evening of conversation and potential deal making.”
• London’s Mashup turns it attention to widgets on 28th February 2008, 6pm – 9pm. “We will look at one of the key emerging online trends: widgets and gadgets of content/functionality for social networks and other sites.”
• Ireland’s TechLudd moves to Limerick for its next event on 21st February.
• xcellerate2008 on February 27th (Dublin) and 29th (Belfast) will “bring together a diverse and entrepreneurial group of technology and venture funding professionals from Ireland and Silicon Valley to provide an interactive forum for learning and the ‘high-impact’ networking”.
• Barcamp Brighton 15th March ’08 – 16th March ’08