It’s just over a week until TechCrunch Pitch! in London next Thursday and the excitement is building. People have been clamouring for tickets, VCs and investors are down to come and we have had a truckload of entries from startups who want to pitch.
The startups selected by TechCrunch editorial (no-one will be paying to pitch, they come free) will be announced on the day (let’s keep it exciting, huh?) but for now I can release the final tranche of tickets for the event (only 20, sorry, as we are restricted on venue size). They should go like hot-cakes. Over 100 people are down to come.
In the meantime, I’d like to thank our sponsors who have stepped up to the plate to support this event:
Iperiumconsulting: Iperium Consulting was created in January 2007 out of a desire by the three founders to offer a flexible, friendly, professional and truly global approach to search and selection within the technology sectors. Our aim is to provide a streamlined and linear service to both client and candidate alike with full transparency of the process; combined with a consultative and honest approach to everyone we work with.
• Founded 2007 out of an entrepreneurial desire to provide a global search and selection service
• Three Directors have over 20 years combined recruitment experience in the Network Technology, Enterprise Solution and Digital Media sectors
• Expert knowledge of key technology drivers and strong cultural knowledge of differing geographic regions
• Commitment to providing single source of supply for all vacancies regardless of role or territory
• Friendly and flexible approach within a considered and consultative methodology
Specific Digital Media Practice
– Iperium have an empathetic understanding of the entrepreneurial nature required for success
– Strong connections with Entrepreneurs, Bloggers, Venture Capitalists and Industry Leaders
– Tailored approach to facilitate long term relationships with emerging technology start ups
– Social Networks, Enterprise 2.0, Mobile 2.0, Semantic Web, Technology Convergence, Digital Media
Sun Microsystems: Sun Microsystems Startup Essentials programme: Join the Sun SSE programme to make sure that you get the enterprise scale innovation and support you need, at start up prices you want, to help make your company succeed now and in the future.
* Enabling Startups to succeed:
> Join Startup Community forums and meet-ups
> Technology to suit your needs; Hosting, Hardware, Software, Support
> Leverage Sun’s own PR engine to drive awareness of your company
* No software costs, no license fees, Office Software for FREE
> Open Office: the free and open productivity suite
> Open Solaris: the free and open operating system
> MySQL: the worlds most popular open source database
Heller Ehrman: Heller Ehrman Venture Law Group is one of the premier technology legal practices in the world. We provide emerging growth technology companies with focused business and legal advice throughout the “financing lifecycle”: from early stage start-up through venture capital financing, to initial public offering and beyond. We work in partnership with clients to build and represent deal-intensive emerging growth companies, both public and private, as well as with the venture capital and investment banking firms that support them. With offices in London, Silicon Valley and throughout the US and Asia, we were named the “2008 Technology Law Firm of the Year” by the UK Technology Innovation & Growth Forum.
FlexiScale: FlexiScale is the brainchild of Tony Lucas, CEO of XCalibre Communications Limited that he founded in 1997 while still at college. In 2004 Tony decided that what the world really needed was a proper cloud computing infrastructure, so he created FlexiScale. It does just what its name suggests, on demand.
Huddle.net: Huddle is a social online collaboration platform for connecting inside and outside the enterprise, giving users access to a set of simple project management, collaboration and file sharing tools.
BView: BView is the first local business directory in the UK that facilitates open two way conversations between businesses and their customers.