If I happened to be traveling in France and I needed a cell phone while I was there, I’d probably pick one of these up. The BIC phone will be offered by Orange — "in Metropolitan France only” — and will be available starting August 7th at various convenience-type stores like super markets, tobacco shops, newsstands, airports, and train stations.
It’ll cost 49 Euro (about $78) and will come fully charged and preloaded with 60 minutes of talk time. Minutes can be recharged and your initial 60 minutes will be good for two months. Your phone number will last for at least 12 months.
Full press release after the jump…
Orange and BIC® launch the BIC® phone in France, the simple cell phone that is 100% ready to go.
Paris, July 11, 2008
- The BIC® phone is ready to go! It comes with 60 free minutes, the battery charged, and the SIM card already in place.
- With the BIC® phone, you pay as you go, with a prepaid “mobicarte” refill card.
- The BIC® phone is easy to use since it focuses on cell phone basics: sending and receiving calls and SMS.
- The BIC® phone pack will be easy to find. It will be sold over the counter, in major supermarkets and local convenience stores (tobacco shops, newsstands, train stations, airports…), and will be available on 7 August 2008, at a suggested retail price of €49 including tax. The BIC® phone will be sold in Metropolitan France only.
Available in citrus orange and lime green, with innovative packaging, the BIC® phone will appeal to consumers who like easy-to-use and pay as you go products. It also meets specific phoning requirements, serving as a back-up phone if needed (e.g. a second line when advertising the sale of an apartment, a car … which leaves the main phone line free).
The Orange and BIC® partnership brings an original and high-quality offer that is designed for everyone. Orange provides its technical knowledge about telephone and service quality, while simplicity and quality at the right price have been BIC® values for over 50 years.
The BIC® phone offer in detail:
- The BIC® phone offer includes 60 free minutes, valid for 2 months from the time the phone is activated.
- In order to receive all 60 minutes of free time, clients must identify themselves to Orange service agents.
- The telephone number, which is included in the pack, is valid for at least 12 months from the time the phone is activated.
- The handset is manufactured by TCL which distributes its products under the "Alcatel" brand.
- Suggested retail price: €49 including tax.
via Red Ferret