After word got out that Britney Spears’ next tour would be sponsored by Virgin Mobile and the Helio Ocean 2, the estimated Ocean 2 launch date finally found it’s first deadline: March 3rd, the first day of the tour. We can now confirm that the Helio Ocean 2 will be coming over 3 weeks earlier, launching on Helio.com on February 12.
- 2.6″ QVGA Screen
- Optical Sensor for touchpad-like navigation
- Dual slider (One QWERTY, one number pad), a la the original ocean
- 5 hours of talk time, 10 days of standby
- 2GB internal storage, microSD support
- 2MP Camera w/ video support, night shot, and geotagging
- Full HTML browser with tabbed browsing
- Upgraded Ultimate Inbox: Threaded text messages, Google Talk
- Access to all the Helio services: Connect, Buddy Beacon, WHERE, HelioUP
Contrary to what we’ve seen in previously leaked images, the Ocean 2 will be launching in the “red limited edition” color scheme you see above, with other colors said to be coming “later in the year”.