Think what you will, but we’re big believers in “keeping it real” ’round these parts. While we swoon whenever a new smart phone hits the scene, the vast majority are still stuck in the flip phone zone – and you know what? There’s nothing wrong with that. Have no fear, flip fans, Verizon is here to fulfill all your flipping needs with the new Nokia 2705 Shade.
Being marketed as a “light-weight, compact and colorful” flip phone, the Nokia Shade will initially only be available online and will come in two tasty flavors: “normal” – one with a camera (more below)*, and “secret agent” – a model without a camera, for all of you who can’t carry camera-equipped devices into your info-sensitive work places (we presume).
In regards to the “colorful” aspect of the device (don’t mind the black press shot of the phone above), Nokia is keeping with the old-school theme (think early 2000s) and will be offering interchangeable “Xpress-on” covers in blue, red, and purple for $19.99. Considering the Nokia Shade with camera, itself, will cost just $29.99 (with a new two-year customer agreement), spending almost $20 a pop per color cover (66% of the total price of the handset, for crying out loud) is pretty comical. The new flipper will be available online beginning Oct. 6 at verizonwireless.com.
Here are the rest of the juicy details:
• Large display on one of the smallest devices available at Verizon Wireless
• VZ NavigatorSM-capable to give customers access to more than 15 million points of interest
• Connect in color with Xpress-on changeable covers (sold separately)
• Stylish and sleek with interchangeable covers for added personalization
• Stores up to 1,000 contacts
• Light-weight and easily fits into a pocket or purse
• Text, picture and voice messaging capabilities
• Up to 300 minutes of usage time or up to 360 hours of standby time
• 1.3 megapixel camera
• Bluetooth® compatible with support for the following Bluetooth profiles: headset, hands-free, phonebook access, basic printing, and object push (for vCard and vCalendar)
• Micro USB 2.0 compatible
• Access to Mobile Web
Domestic Violence Awareness Month*
Because purple is the awareness color for domestic violence, those who purchase the Nokia Shade with a camera online during Domestic Violence Awareness Month will receive a free picture frame phone lanyard and a purple Nokia Xpress-on Cover while supplies last. Additionally, the Nokia Shade features pre-loaded wallpapers that highlight HopeLine®, Verizon Wireless’ phone recycling and reuse program, and it is the first Verizon Wireless phone to have #HOPE pre-programmed into the contact list. When customers dial #HOPE, they are connected to the National Domestic Violence Hotline, where they can receive information or help with domestic violence situations or questions. To learn more about Verizon Wireless’ efforts around Domestic Violence Awareness Month, visit www.verizonwireless.com/HopeLineDVAM.