Microsoft: Only 60 Percent Of Xbox 360 Owners Use It To Play Games


Microsoft has sold many Xbox 360 consoles, but apparently only 60 percent of them are used for gaming. The remaining 40 percent of consoles are used for other, just-as-fun things, like watching Netflix and tweeting Opie & Anthony‘s Bobo sweet nothings. Mhmm. So said a Microsoft exec at a digital entertainment conference.

With that in mind, it certainly leads credence to whoever thinks Microsoft, if it wanted to, could become a “big player” in the TV space, à la Google TV. The Xbox 360: Mirosoft’s Trojan Horse.

Microsoft also let it be known that there’s 25 million Xbox Live subscribers, but only half of those people have the “real” Xbox Live, Xbox Live Gold.