Provide administrative support to editors of TechCrunch:
– Manage calendars, expenses, travel and shipping needs for editors.
– Keep managers aware of changes with calendar or travel as it changes.
– Complete requests in a timely manner with attention to detail.
Be liaison between editorial staff and all things AOL:
– Answer questions related to HR, accounting and legal.
Have an undying love for expenses:
– Complete expenses for yourself and managers in a timely manner.
– Be knowledgeable about the process so you can explain to writers when problems arise.
– Know what an appropriate expense is, and approve reports in a timely manner.
– Make sure all expenses are charged to the correct department to keep a balanced accounting sheet.
Assist in operation of Disrupt event:
– Be available to solve a wide range of problems associated with Disrupt.
– Handle yourself in a professional manner.
– Fill in where needed.
– Assist VIPs with entering and exiting the building.
Make sure all 3rd-party vendors are paid on time:
– Receive and organize incoming invoices.
– Work with accounts to set up 3rd-party vendors to be paid.
– Submit invoices and follow-up to ensure payment in a timely manner.
Process monthly payroll for freelancers:
– Count number of posts for freelancers and submit to AOL accounting for payment.
– Keep contract database organized for reference and monthly payments.
– Ensure spending is staying within budget.
Track editorial analytics on a weekly basis:
– Pull weekly analytics for editorial team.
– Compile reports based on data as needed for managers.
Help entire editorial team with travel as needed:
– Make sure editorial team is set up with hotel during events.
– Ensure travel is booked in a timely manner for events.
– Research all travel options for events we cover including CES, SXSW, E3, etc.